FX-MAX.com FX-MAX.com
FX-MAX Users Forum
Please note, our official product support is available at support@fx-max.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Potential User Startup Advice Request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videoguy
NewMax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Another Potential User Startup Advice Request Reply with quote

My paid profession is video production but I have a long history in music. Sometimes it takes me a year or two to get things together to actually use them after I've bought them.

I bought VSL Opus 1 & 2 in the winter of 2006 and had purchased GS3 Orchestra the year before that. I've never installed or registered the VSL product. Simply a matter of available time. So, with the changes in the products I originally purchased, I'm wondering if I'm even able to make everything work together well at this point. I have not purchased any FX-max products as of yet.

Here's what I have:
+Dell XPS M1530 running Vista Ultimate 32 bit - Sonar 4 - Firewire/eSATA
+Dell Optiplex 755 running Vista Ultimate 32 bit - w/Firewire - on which I want to run GS3 Orchestra with VSL Opus 1 & 2 as well as some Post Musical Instruments samples.
+M-Audio 410
+Kurzweil PC88 MX

I'm prepared to rebuild the Optiplex 755 into a Windows XP box to work with GS3 as Tascam says there's no way for it to work with Vista. I was looking at Giga Teleport to run between the Optiplex 755 and the XPS laptop. But I don't know if there would be an OS interoperability issue between GS3 running on XP and Sonar running on Vista. (Even though I only have Sonar Producer 4 on the Vista machine, it runs somewhat reasonably well in "Administrator" mode....but not perfectly. So, I might be convinced to upgrade to Sonar 8 if it will make this all work.)

Also...I assume the VSL Performance Tool will need to run on the same machine as Sonar? Does anyone know if it will run on Vista? Will the Performance Tool running on Vista interact well with the VSL samples on the XP machine through Giga Teleport? And for that matter, would Giga Teleport even work between XP and Vista boxes?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FX-MAX.com Forum Index -> PC-GVA/GT-Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: