FX-MAX.com FX-MAX.com
FX-MAX Users Forum
Please note, our official product support is available at support@fx-max.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi sync over lan using ableton as master + reason as slave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FX-MAX.com Forum Index -> PC-GVA/GT-Everything else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorick
NewMax

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: midi sync over lan using ableton as master + reason as slave Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been searching a long time but I can't find an answer to my specific problem. I hope you guys can help me. Here's what I'm trieing to do:

I've got a computer and a laptop. On my computer I have ableton live and I've got reason installed on both computers.
I want to use ableton as a clock master using giga teleport over a lan to my laptop on which I run reason as clock slave.
I've installed giga studio on both computers and I've followed every config step from the giga teleport.rtf provided with the install.

I've managed to get a link via my lan using giga teleport and giga studio using ableton in which I loaded giga teleport as a vst instrument, but when I open reason on my laptop no midi-in is visible in it's config menu. Then I tried to install 'virtual midi cable' on my laptop and I can see the vmc-out-port on the server side of giga teleport. Also I see the vmc-in-port in reason but when I set reason to clock sync nothing happens when I press play in ableton on my desktop.

Does anyone know how to get this working?

My aim is to play reason on my desktop and play reason on my laptop so that I can mix the audio with an external mixer. I want to sync both reasons to the clock master for which I use ableton as I said earlier.
Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanx in advance..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FX-MAX.com Forum Index -> PC-GVA/GT-Everything else All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: